Sunday, August 09, 2009

All the best plans...?

I've had quite a busy week so I haven't done a lot of creative work lately. I did get a necklace finished but it's too dark to photograph that right now. Other than that I just started to plan out a fabric journal that I'd like to do. I haven't made one before but I'd really like to give it a try and I thought I'd use the theme of "Moulin Rouge" as I love the Baz Luhrmann film. The graphic qualities and depth of feeling should transfer well to fabric. I'm also having a 'camp creative' week this week. I have no appointments other than a craft fair on Sunday so once I've finished the cleaning and gone to the supermarket on Monday I've going to hide in my studio and do everything I've been meaning to do. I want to make a piece of jewellery every day, try some new techniques, sew up a top and a skirt, and do some silk dyeing - if I can find the dyes. I have a seemingly ordered studio and yet the thing I want right at the moment always manages to go missing. I may just spend the whole week looking for 4 little bags of powdered dye.

No comments: