I've had this idea in my mind for a month or two but have just got around to trying it. I had a pair of jeans that used to be skin-tight but over the years the stretch has given out and they looked neither tight nor loose - so rather yuck in fact. I decided to do a bit of decorating to see if that made them look better at took 'steampunk' as a vague theme.
Here's a before and after...
They're not bad but I had hoped they'd be better. The sample I did before-hand was done on cream calico so the colours come through a lot better and the images are more visible.
I think they'll be ok, though.
Next I'd like to make something from scratch - maybe a printed skirt or a kaftan - something for the nicer weather we're now getting.