Saturday, May 16, 2009

I've had a bit of a buying habit recently - must be the changing seasons and my new-found love of bright patterns which are severly lacking in my current wardrobe. These arrived in the post this morning:
I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to use them for yet as I didn't go looking for them. Josy Rose sent me an e-mail advertising free postage and there was a shot of these appliques on the side - I just had to go an buy them immediately! I'm thinking maybe dotted around on a simple skirt but they are quite small so my idea may change before I get around to making anything.

I also visited the lovely Doughty fabric shop in Hereford last weekend. I was very restrained and, along with some boring haberdashery that I haven't shown, I bought these fabrics and pattern:
I'm hoping that the heart print won't look too much as a tunic. I only bought 1 metre of the pink flowery fabric as I wasn't feeling very flush but I'm thinking of making a shorter version of this Amy Butler top with it and using some plain black as well to stretch the fabric. The rate I'm sewing at expect it in about 2 year's time!

No comments: