Sunday, March 15, 2009

Well, in the past couple of weeks since I last posted I've been developing a new range of jewellery that I can't show you yet (not long to wait!) and fixing the odd bit of clothing as well as attempting to do some dyeing. This hasn't worked particularly well...

This white shirt had rather a hint of pink to it after being accidentally dyed in the wash. I tried to use one of the coour remove products but it made barely any difference so the solution was to dye it a nice bright colour - red. I love red and wear it quite a bit so it seemed like a perfect solution...








I chose the reddest dye I had and followed all the instructions to the letter but somehow ended up with a coral shirt. I know it's quite a trendy colour for this summer but with my dark hair and pale skin I'm not sure that it's a colour I can wear. I did buy the dye on special offer but I didn't think that powder dye could go off - am I wrong?






I was also trying to rectify a bad dye job on a cerise T-shirt. I just threw it in the bucket and didn't agitate it properly when I first dyed it. I thought that I could make a feature of the patchiness by overdyeing with red while scrunching it in a tray to give an interesting pattern. I used some of the leftover dye from the shirt above...

Do you see the scrunch effect? No, me neither. The supposed-t0-be-red-but-really-coral dye hardly shows on top of the cerise. Have to come up with another idea for this.









And finally, I wanted a small amount of red cotton lace to trim a T-shirt so that went in with the shirt at the top. Again it came out coral so I threw it onto my dress stand to ignore until I decided what to do but look at this happy accident...

What a lovely colour combination! I altering this jacket to fit my skinny back and that's the black T-shirt that I'm going to cut down then add red lace to. Maybe I need to re-think this idea...

No comments: