Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I was meant to blog about this last week but I was so exhausted when I got home that I'm only just catching up with myself - I spent a few days in Cornwall at the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery completing level 2 of the diploma in PMC. It was brilliant fun and I learnt loads but it was really challenging to get it all finished in the set time. I really enjoy going down to Cornwall and working with other people that are interested in jewellery and it's great to learn from teachers who actually sound like they have knowledge about their craft and will give tips based on their experience. Here are some pictures of what we made:


The first image is of 2 rings we made - 1 continuous band with a scribbley slip texture on the outside and 1 matt finish, textured with a skeleton leaf.

These are 2 pendants and a little charm. The middle pendant has a bezel set stone and is textured with a hand-carved eraser and the pendant on the left contains a dichroic glass cabachon that is set into the PMC.


I love these earrings! 2 hearts that hang asymmetrically and have flush-set cubic zirconas in the opposite heart bump from the earwire.



These earrings were quite tricky to make as the dry clay had to be carved with mini lino-cutting tools. I think with a lot of practice it would look great.



Finally a pair of earrings made with woven PMC paper. Not really my style!

It's a great course to do and they challenge you each step of the way - only 2 more levels until I get the diploma :)

No comments: