Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The end of the silly season and time for snow

Well, relaxation has come a little bit later than I thought but I'm finally on holiday! It's been a difficult winter season with a very slow start to the Christmas sales but in the end it turned out well and I even had people calling me wanting to order jewellery. I did 2 commissions for charm bracelets and delivered a couple of fine silver pendants to a customer, then I took a range of my work round to a friend's house this morning and she bought 3 necklaces. A very good end to the run up to Christmas and now I'm looking forward to a few days off then some time to experiment. I find that when I'm trying to make work for craft fairs I stick to what I'm used to and what I think will sell - as I'm sure most of us do. It's good to spend some time away from the craft fairs ignoring commerciality and just trying new techniques and new colour palettes. I'll also get some more sewing done in January :)

Things have been a little bit harder in the past few days by this:

It's very beautiful but makes travelling around rather difficult. Skidding down a hill that I was trying to drive up was interesting! Luckily I didn't have to go many places (isn't it lovely to work at home) but the big drive comes tomorrow night - 2 3/4 hour drive to Dorset on Christmas Eve. I hope that everyone reading this has a great Christmas and I look forward to showing you more of what I've been doing in 2010.

No comments: