Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am still here..I promise!

I feel really bad that I've been away from my blog for SO long! That city & Guilds course that I started has really taken up my time - loads of practical work and loads of homework. It's fun getting back to messing about with paint and doing wax crayon rubbings (the initial module is on the basics of colour, line, texture, shape and form before we move on to the textile work) but it means that I haven't had much time for other things. And now the Christmas craft fairs have crept up on me! I have a good amount of stock but there's less winter stock than I would like. I have been working on it in between making print blocks from foam and textures from sticks but almost everything I've made recently has gone to re-stock galleries.

The first fair is tomorrow night at the Christchurch Centre, Malpas, Newport. It's only a local charity fair so I think that the work I've got will be sufficient. I did make some new handbag charms that are a bit chunkier than I normally make. That's something I would like to work on as my jewellery has always been quite fine and delicate looking in the past.
My next craft fair is Saturday and Sunday (21st and 22nd November) at the Norwegian Church in Cardiff Bay. I had a great fair their in the summer so I'm hoping for great things but the weather forecast isn't looking good. Finger's crosssed for people!

No comments: