Saturday, September 19, 2009

What a busy time!

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I've been doing a lot but don't have many photos to show for it I'm afraid. On 9th September I went to the International Jewellery Show at Earl's Court. It was my first time there and I found it really useful to speak to lots of suppliers and pick up all their brochures. I was particularly looking for new boxes to go with my new look and I've almost decided on a supplier. There were also lots of suppliers of lovely gemstones and I spent a lot of money on beads. It's definitely worth another trip next year.

Then on Saturday I had a stand at the Usk Show. Another first for me and I wasn't sure what to expect - how big it would be, what kind of footfall etc. I had to get up at 5.30am (!) in order to be set up in time but it was worth it. The show was massive with marquees for show fruit and poultry, a number of show rings for the livestock and loads of stalls. Even from the first moment there were loads of people wandering around, although it did take until the afternoon for them to really start spending. I ended up having a very productive day and it was well worth the early start!

Without time for a breather I then drove to Leicestershire on Sunday so that I could attend a seminar at Ferrers Gallery the next day. In a group of 12 artists I learnt about marketing for creative people - no boring business speak in sight! I learnt lots of things that I will be putting into practice as soon as I can. Finally my husband and I got a day off and went to Calke Abbey again in Leicestershire. A brilliant, quirky place - a manor house that got stuck in a number of eras and has been frozen in time. Finally some photos! Here are a few pretty pictures of the gardens:
And now it's back to the grindstone. I've got 4 galleries to re-stock so for the next few weeks I'll be concentrating on making.

No comments: