Monday, August 31, 2009

A few festival photos

Over the August Bank Holiday I took part in the Talgarth Festival in the Brecon Beacons. I set up my jewellery stand in the countryside section which is housed in the cattle market. Each stall had one cattle pen and there was lots of variety to the stalls Including demonstrations of various crafts, people selling their own work and information from organisations like CADW and Glasgu. There's a lovely community feel to the festival and everyone chats to each other like old friends. I also sold quite a lot of jewellery which made me happy :)


My jewellery stand and a view of the cattle market. On the right side of my stand I had a sale section with reduced jewellery but also various beads and findings that I don't need anymore. I put them in rummage boxes with a separate price for each box and I sold quite a lot.



I fell in love with the alpacas! Such brilliant characters and looks on their faces.



Other animals that were being shown - 3 little ducks and Tigger and Bluebell the very well-behaved donkeys.



Demonstrations of country crafts.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

How funny, we had Alpaca at our Craft Market last week end too. I just love them, but can't afford one. The "pet value" ones were $600!

Nice set up for your jewelry too.