Friday, July 31, 2009

And here they are...

This post is an update on yesterday's shibori samples. I've untied the last 2 samples of the shibori and they're looking good.


The first sample was wrapped around screws so there are quite high peaks and lots of lines where the thread was wrapped up and down the screw.


This is possibly my favourite sample. I wrapped the fabric around rawl plugs in the same way as the screws. Once the shaping was set and while the fabric was still damp from the steamer I 'splodged' dye on with a brush. The colours are really dark on the peaks but have spread and lightened due to the wetness of the fabric and I think that graduation and mixing of colours is lovely.

I don't know what I'm going to do with these samples. I might just note down the techniques used and mount them into a book for future reference.

No comments: